Thursday, July 2, 2009

My First Newborn Session...Drew.











I finally got a chance to take portraits of a newborn baby! I sent a message out via Facebook that I was looking for a newborn baby to photograph. Lo, and behold, a young woman that I actually babysat for once or twice contacted me to let me know she had a baby boy due in about 6-9 weeks! Boy, did that make me feel old! (It made me feel even older when she told me she had two older boys!! Eeeeck!)

I anxiously awaited the birth of baby Drew by searching all over the internet for pose ideas and images I wanted to take of Drew. I finally got word on June 1st that the long-awaited precious baby had arrived!! Drew's mommy, Julia, and his daddy, Brian, brought Drew over a week later for his first official photographs. I was very nervous, but very excited. Thankfully, Drew was a dream baby--slept most of the time and only pee-d once!! He was a gorgeous baby and with a beautiful mommy and handsome father, why wouldn't he be?

I was very happy with how they turned out and am now excited to be offering newborn sessions in addition to all the other portrait sessions available. If you are expecting, or have a newborn baby (or any age child for that matter), please contact me as soon as possible so we can schedule a once in a lifetime portrait of your new baby. I also do maternity sessions, so make an appointment for that as well! I prefer to shoot newborn portraits when the baby is between 7 and 14 days, but will work around your schedule. Make that call today!!

No comments: