Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Coughlin Family, 2009

I love this family and was so excited when mom, Traci, called me to see if I could take her family's picture for Christmas cards this year.  I met Traci and her son, Aaron, this summer when I took Aaron's senior pictures.  Traci is one of those people that you feel like you've known all your life even though you just met her!  She is so sweet and such a great person!

I met the family at Monument Valley Park on a VERY cold Colorado afternoon.  It had just snowed a few days before and the temperature was 19 degrees!   I have to hand it to them, they were real troopers!  I had a coat, hat and fingerless gloves on, and was still freezing!  I figured they'd be wearing their coats, but Traci insisted they not wear them!  This was one of the quickest sessions I've ever done, but only due to the temperatures (my camera batteries froze right after I finished this session!  Even the ones in my pocket were frozen!).   The Coughlins are a lovely family and I think their portraits reflect that!




No comments: